- Corporate and international business taxes Corporate and international business taxes
- Employer solutions Employer solutions
- Indirect tax Indirect tax
- Managing tax risk Managing tax risk
- Private client Private client
- Real estate tax
- Transaction and restructuring tax Transaction and restructuring tax
If you're looking to export, you'll need to know how export controls can affect your business.
Complying with the controls is compulsory, and many cases have hit the headlines where companies have suffered fines, reputational damage, supply chain issues and, worse, imprisoned staff.
This is why it's vital to understand the many export rules and regulations and, if necessary, apply for the right export licence before sending goods abroad. At Grant Thornton, we can help you manage your export controls effectively, improving your compliance, risk management, operations and competitiveness.
Staying on the right side of the law
When you're exporting goods or services, including intangible technology, our team will make sure you have the appropriate export licence. Whether you need one depends on some complex rules, so we'll advise you on what's licensable.
Our team will also ensure you stay on the right side of the law worldwide. Working with our experts, you'll gain robust systems and processes that flag up trigger points and legislation, and cover your whole supply chain. Going beyond a credit-control check, you'll also receive essential insights into how people are using your exported products.
You'll gain access to a range of advisory services designed to help you comply with export controls, including:
- developing or enhancing export control compliance programmes
- controlling software, technology and technical assistance
- destination controls
- US controls
- training and support.