- Corporate and international tax Corporate and international tax
- Employer solutions Employer solutions
- Indirect tax Indirect tax
- Managing tax risk Managing tax risk
- Private client Private client
- Real estate tax
- Transaction and restructuring tax Transaction and restructuring tax
- Tax technology, data and analytics
- Our approach to tax Our approach to tax
Certain investments provide generous tax reliefs for investors and businesses, enabling you to significantly reduce the cost of your investment and increase net return.
If you're looking to grow by raising finance, you can unlock access to these reliefs by ensuring your investments qualify, and are as tax efficient as possible.
Venture capital reliefs can be highly valuable, but come with complex rules
There are a number of different venture capital tax reliefs, including the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) and Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR).
Each of these schemes offer tax reliefs to investors, including income tax credits of 30%-50% of the amount invested and capital gains tax exemptions or deferrals.
The qualifying conditions for these reliefs are increasingly lengthy and complex as HMRC continually seeks to ensure these generous tax reliefs are only available to a particular type of company.
Our tax practice contains a number of venture capital specialists who can help businesses and individuals benefit from these valuable reliefs by:
- advising you on whether your business qualifies to receive these tax efficient investment reliefs
- structuring your investments or business in a way that qualifies for the reliefs
- preparing the applications for, and supporting you through, the HMRC Advance Assurance process.
+44 (0)20 7728 2326Find out more