- Compliance assurance
- Cyber advisory Cyber advisory
- Cyber security
- Data analytics
- Enterprise risk management
- Finance and risk management services
- Internal audit services
- People, culture and organisation
- Projects, capital programmes and transformation
- Technology risk services
- Third party and contract assurance
Delivering significant medium and long term shifts in strategic direction, competiveness or performance often requires effective delivery of significant and complex projects and transformation programmes.
Yet there remains significant research to suggest that the majority of significant projects and transformation programmes fail. This is generally due either to challenges in execution (i.e. scope, cost and time overruns) or not delivering the outcomes expected of them when they were initiated.
Oracle/Forbes insights survey of more than 500 global corporate executives observed that 48% of executives believe their organisation is only somewhat or not at all prepared to successfully execute a business transformation today.
The National Audit Office (NAO) noted that across the government major projects portfolio, estimated value of £511 billion across 149 projects in June 2015, 34% of projects are considered unlikely to be successful or achievable.
What you should do now
Boards, executives and programme leaders bear significant responsibility for successful delivery of programmes and transformation. They need to:
- determine if an effective case for change been made, evidenced and accepted by key stakeholders
- validate that the scope and outcomes are strategically consistent and represent appropriate return (in terms of time, cost and management effort) required compared to pragmatic alternatives
- determine whether the programme governance, management and resourcing are fit for purpose, both in design and execution
- identify risks and mitigating action when working with external partners, clarifying optimal balance in risk held by the organisation, external partners and supply chain.
How we can help
We have significant hands-on experience of providing insight to boards, executive and programme leaders at start up, in-flight and post completion stages.
Our specialists combine sector, subject matter and hands on delivery experience, with an average of over 20 years' experience. Together, they bring a blend of subject matter expertise including commercial, supplier diligence, earned value reporting, programme and project management and investment appraisal.
Our services include:
- Staged reviews by a mix of senior specialists to challenge the governance, delivery approach and progress
- Project and programme assurance: reviewing relevant controls and operations to give comfort that a project will deliver to scope, on time and on budget; this could include everything from validation of the business case to assurance over data migration or coding practices. Further information is available on Project Assurance and Capital Projects (PDF 374kb).