- Corporate finance Corporate finance
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Operational deal services Operational deal services
- Transaction services Transaction services
- Valuations Valuations
Working closely with our in-house tax experts, we cover valuations for all UK and international tax purposes using knowledge gained from agreeing valuations with HMRC’s Shares and Assets Valuation office.
Our team includes ex-HMRC valuers, whose time in HMRC included dealing with contentious cases.
We have a specialist team dedicated to providing our clients valuations across a range of taxes, including Income Tax (including advice on Pay-As-You-Earn), Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, and Stamp Duty.
+44(0) 20 7184 4336Find out more
Our team works very closely with the firm’s tax team and advises clients in connection with valuation of a wide range of incentives, including:
- tax-advantaged share plans such as Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) schemes, Company Share Option Plans (CSOP), Share Incentive Plans (SIPs)
- growth shares and similar equity instruments
- carried interest and co-invest
- partnership interests
- ordinary shares.
Our team has built good relationships with a number of private equity houses and has been providing tax valuation services to them in respect of incentivising management teams in their portfolio companies through the acquisition of 'sweet equity' and other instruments, and also providing advice on incentives for private equity house executives at fund level (eg, carried interest and co-invest).
Our valuation team works closely with transaction tax teams (internally and externally) providing valuation advice relating to:
- valuations of companies, businesses and intangible assets for corporation tax purposes
- due diligence
- management incentive purposes.
We have a team of valuers with several years of experience in dealing with HMRC and are able to assist clients with negotiations. Our team regularly negotiates and agrees valuations with HMRC for tax-advantaged plans, such as EMI, CSOP, SIP, etc, in addition to advising clients in respect of enquiries raised by HMRC into valuation matters.
The team, with assistance from our international colleagues, are also able to assist clients with valuations required for non-UK jurisdictions. In addition, we can undertake tax valuations in line with the International Valuation Standards framework where appropriate.