- Brexit advisory
- Business consulting Business consulting
- Corporate simplification
- Governance advisory Governance advisory
- Growth 365 Growth 365
- Insights and analytics Insights and analytics
- International services International services
- People advisory
- Real estate advisory
- Strategy Strategy
- Wealth advisory Wealth advisory
Globalisation brings you enormous opportunities to explore overseas markets.
Government restrictions have relaxed, leading to increasing investments and activity in the UK from South Asian companies, particularly Indian businesses. UK companies are also increasingly seeking to expand into South Asia including India.
Whether you're looking to grow your business by exporting, investing or doing business with South Asia, or you're a South Asian company looking to invest or raise funds in the UK, our dedicated South Asia group can help. We have the international capability, cultural understanding and commitment to drive your business forward.
Exploring opportunities in India
India is an attractive place to do business. With more than 1.2 billion people, 572 million are under the age of 24, making it home to the world's biggest youth population. And according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), India's middle class will grow from 5% to 10% of the population today to 90% in 2039. This means India will have added 1 billion people – almost its entire current population – to the middle class.
Investor sentiment towards India is also returning. The World Bank recently raised India's gross domestic growth-rate projection for the next couple of years. This, coupled with India's new stable government, has increased confidence.
Today, India is about more than just IT and outsourcing. New sectors have appeared and the country is rapidly scaling up its infrastructure to help sustain growth. But challenges remain. While bureaucracy has reduced, it still presents barriers. Indian business dynamics are particularly focused on relationships. There are also skills shortages, complex laws and regulations, and problems of unreliable infrastructure.
Capitalising on opportunities in the UK
The UK remains an attractive destination for Indian companies. Its appeal comes thanks to its language, the Indian diaspora who provide a good pool of talent and understanding of UK and Indian cultures, strong governmental and historical links between both countries, and its convenient gateway into Europe.
The advantages don't end there. The UK is the number one destination for foreign direct investment in Europe; its labour laws are more flexible than those in mainland Europe; and it has a competitive tax system and transparent regulations. The London market also competes with markets such as US, Japan and Hong Kong, which can offer similar benefits.
But with opportunity comes challenge. The UK has tough and complex immigration and work permit issues. Foreign individuals and companies that own property face an increasingly higher tax burden. Additionally, the currency fluctuation with the Rupee has made setting up in the UK more expensive.
Realise your international ambitions in South Asia and the UK
You'll work with a team that has more than 25 years of experience working with Indian corporates expanding internationally, particularly to the UK, and UK corporates doing business in India. In fact, we were one of the first major accounting firms to see the potential of India and focus on the UK-India corridor. What’s more, our deep understanding of Asian culture means we empathise with customs and attitudes in business and social contexts.
We have undertaken more than 400 transactions, including mergers and acquisitions with a total value of US$4 billion. Our largest transaction was Tata Motors' acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover. We have also helped clients raise £866 million in the London Stock Market.
Whatever your ambitions, we can put our understanding of regulations and business dynamics to work for you. Throughout your relationship with us, you'll receive the practical commercial advice and innovative ideas you need to take your business to the next level.
Working with us, you'll gain access to an extensive network of intermediaries, including investors, bankers and legal advisers in Asia, the UK and India. You'll receive recommendations and introductions from us, ensuring you have the right team in place to achieve your ambitions.
- Market and feasibility studies – providing market assessment and feasibility through to business planning
- Fund raising – both debt and equity for greenfield and acquisitions
- Cross-border acquisition services – full range of advice from identification of targets through to deal completion
- Assistance with joint ventures and strategic alliances – advice on selection and structuring
- Transaction services – due diligence and public reporting accountant services
- Capital markets – acting as financial adviser and nomad for the London markets
- Assurance services – audit through to full range of business risk management services
- Tax planning – minimising corporate, personal and all other direct and indirect taxes
- Transfer pricing – full range of transfer pricing compliance and advice
- Government and infrastructure advisory – full range of advice from financial modelling, risk analysis, funding and full project management services.
+44 (0)207 7282133Read more