- Business consulting
- Enterprise applications
- Finance Finance
- Leadership, people and culture
- Operational deal services Operational deal services
- Technology Technology
- Transformation and programme management office
Information technology is one of the most important, strategic and vulnerable assets in an organisation.
IT underpins core business functions, making the Head of IT or Chief Information Officer (CIO) an integral component to a company’s overall success. As technology changes at an accelerating pace, the successful selection and efficient implementation of information technology solutions can make a truly competitive difference, driving business leaders to expect increasingly capable, cost-effective and secure technology. To meet these expectations IT leaders face a plethora of challenges from standardisation of infrastructure and services, efficiency programmes or business transformation initiatives, to large-scale project execution; and all of this in face of regulatory compliance demands and a shortage of skilled resources.
A clearly defined strategy for IT is vital. We can help you to set strategic goals for the implementation and utilisation of systems, and translate business requirements into measurable IT objectives that are integral to the overall business strategy. This process typically includes system components, hardware, software and communications equipment; it should determine management and organisational requirements for IT, address delivery and governance models be they internal, external or a mixture of insourced and outsourced solutions, and consider operational improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
How we help clients
Grant Thornton’s Information Technology Advisory Services team offers a comprehensive range of services to address the challenges faced by business and technology leaders today. Project management and technology based subject matter expertise are at the heart of our service offering and team skills. Our focus is on delivering quality, leadership, and teamwork according to our clients’ requirements. Our team offers a wealth of practical and operational experience and our objective is to provide scalable solutions that can be tailored to meet any organisation’s needs.
The members of our team have all been industry IT leaders who have significant, hands-on skills and experience providing technology and operational services in the public and private sectors. This unique combination of professional service skills and operational experience enables us to deliver relevant and cost-effective solutions based on industry best practice.
Where required, we can provide short to medium term interim IT management resource, to work as part of your existing management team at an operational or strategic level, focused on ensuring that immediate business needs are met and that long-term business goals are identified and planned.
Our services include;
- creation of IT strategy through understanding of the key business strategic goals, objectives and drivers. Define key business scenarios to be addressed by the future state IT landscape
- technical and operational reviews can help support the business and technical streams to develop a best fit end state solution for the business. Defining benefits and needs as required.
- we can provide quality and project management support to the programme either carrying out a project management role or providing assurance and challenge to the programme
- specialist technology advice on the architecture and technologies best suited to the environment. Based on analysis of your business and best practice within your sector and business areas
- transition and technical change risk analysis and programme delivery of the design and implementation of a phased or full transition programme from the legacy environment to the new target solution
+44 (0)20 7865 2777Find out more