- Business consulting Business consulting
Business risk services
Business risk services
- Compliance assurance
- Cyber security
- Data analytics
- Enterprise risk management
- Finance and risk management services
- Governance advisory
- Internal audit services
- People, culture and organisation
- Projects, capital programmes and transformation
- Technology risk services
- The Governance Institute - Governance matters
- Third party and contract assurance
- Corporate simplification
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Financial services advisory Financial services advisory
- Forensic and investigations services Forensic and investigations services
- Growth 365
- Monitoring trustee and competition services
- Pensions advisory services Pensions advisory services
- Place analytics
- Public sector services Public sector services
- Real estate advisory
- Recovery and reorganisation Recovery and reorganisation
- Specialist international services Specialist international services
- Strategy Strategy
- Transactions Transactions
- Wealth advisory Wealth advisory
With Grant Thornton, you can be confident of getting advice from some of the most qualified and experienced professionals in the field of matrimonial financial matters.
We provide a distinctive, high-quality and personalised service to family lawyers and individuals across the UK both pre and post-marriage.
Our matrimonial experts are experienced in appearing in Court, lecturing on topics such as valuations, realising value and understanding accounts. Our team includes published authors on the topic of valuations.
In financial proceedings, we have experience of acting as party expert, single joint expert, shadow expert and advisor. Our experience and membership of Resolution means that we understand fully the need to provide a cost effective service that meets the requirements of the Court. We are able to offer advice on settlements and we look to persuade and find common ground with other experts, where possible, to contain costs.
One of the areas in which we are most frequently instructed is to provide business and share valuations for use in matrimonial proceedings. In many cases, the business value constitutes a significant part of any financial assets considered in divorce proceedings and so it is particularly important to obtain robust advice from experienced valuers.
Our tax team are frequently involved in matrimonial work. We can provide expert tax witness services to clarify any taxation issues that may arise on a financial settlement, which can be a significant factor in deciding the best way to fund any settlement awarded.
We have a team of experienced Financial Planners who can assist in dealing with the following financial aspects of divorce:
- obtaining a fair value of a pension scheme in cases where the cash equivalent (CE) value may be undervalued
- providing advice to the party in receipt of a pension credit on a suitable pension arrangements, investment strategies, and the options for taking benefits, together with the associated implementation
- arranging suitable life cover to protect maintenance payments
- organising finances post-divorce to cater for new circumstances, and adapting them in the future to deal with subsequent life changes
+44 (0)20 7865 2174Find out more