We trace and recover funds for clients who have suffered a financial loss.
In the last three years we have recovered over £200 million of hidden and misappropriated assets for clients ranging from foreign governments, HMRC, claimants in major frauds, banks, insurers as well as other listed and non-listed corporates.
Local and international capability
We use insolvency proceedings, court appointed receiverships and other civil procedures. We have extensive experience of retrieving assets from jurisdictions in the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia, as well as the offshore centres.
We operate under a number of fee structures, often working on a contingent basis or with the benefit of third party funding. This means we are able to bear the risk of the investigation, and only charge a fee in cases where a recovery is made. In many cases our work represents an opportunity for clients to turn write offs into revenues.
In addition, we are experienced at working alongside the UK prosecuting authorities to manage businesses, safeguard restrained assets and recover the proceeds of crime using the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 criminal and civil legislation.
- Corporate intelligence and asset research
- Digital forensic extraction and analysis
- Fraud investigations, to minimise the consequences of fraud
- Tracing misappropriated and hidden assets
- Strategies of international asset recovery
Our forensic IT service can also:
- identify and retrieve information held on electronic media
- find hidden data
- recreate critical, computer related communications
- access hard-to-find or apparently lost data
- search and manage e-mails and databases
- present computer forensic findings.
+44 (0)20 7865 2478Find out more