- Brexit advisory
- Business consulting Business consulting
- Business risk services Business risk services
- Corporate simplification
- Cyber advisory Cyber advisory
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Financial services advisory Financial services advisory
- Forensic and investigations services Forensic and investigations services
- Growth 365 Growth 365
- Insights and analytics Insights and analytics
- Monitoring trustee and competition services
- Pensions advisory services Pensions advisory services
- Public sector services Public sector services
- Real estate advisory
- Recovery and reorganisation Recovery and reorganisation
- Specialist international services Specialist international services
- Strategy Strategy
- Transactions Transactions
- Treasury advisory
- Wealth advisory Wealth advisory
For the last five years, local authorities have faced sharp reductions in the level of funding for capital projects in the UK. These reductions have led to the cancellation and curtailment of some projects and programmes, the reform of the PFI regime, new approaches to structuring projects and the pursuit of efficiency savings in operational projects. The pattern and mix of capital projects has also changed, with less investment in social infrastructure and more of a focus on economic infrastructure.
In this challenging financial environment, our infrastructure finance team works in partnership with public and private sector clients, advising on the financial aspects of developing and implementing major capital projects and programmes to deliver public policy objectives. The bespoke solutions we create and deliver, are testament to the depth of relationships we build.
We assist our public sector clients by developing business cases and supporting procurement, from the development of invitations to tender, through bid evaluation and negotiation with suppliers, to the development of payment mechanisms, to financial close and into operations.
We also work closely with the private sector drawing on our deep insight into the market and typically advising on:
- investment appraisal and business case development
- feasibility studies and risk analysis
- financial structuring advice supported by financial modelling
- funding advice, including debt advisory and running funding competitions
- commercial negotiation
- tax and accounting advice, drawn from across the firm.
For operational projects, we provide specialist financial and modelling advice to both the public and private sector to support contract management and efficiency review. This includes refinancing, market testing and benchmarking and variations, as well as expert advice in the case of disputes.
We can also provide valuation and transaction support on secondary market deals in project finance investments.
Our infrastructure finance clients benefit from the depth of our sector expertise, which brings additional insight across a range of projects, including:
- property and construction
- sports and leisure facilities
- public administration facilities
- housing and regeneration
- energy, utilities, renewables, sustainability and waste
- emergency services (police and fire)
- transport and infrastructure
Our teams have delivered more than 500 projects, with a combined capital value in excess of £100 billion. Our clear understanding of credit markets, pricing and funding structures, enables us to access finance solutions from UK and international banks, capital markets, leasing companies, national and supranational institutions, such as the Public Works Loan Board and the European Investment Bank, infrastructure funds and prudential borrowing for our clients. We often develop a bespoke mix of several of these to provide a flexible source of funding for our clients' needs.
+44 (0)161 953 6430Find out more