- Brexit advisory
- Business consulting Business consulting
- Business risk services Business risk services
- Corporate simplification
- Cyber advisory
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Financial services advisory Financial services advisory
- Forensic and investigations services Forensic and investigations services
- Growth 365
- Insights and analytics Insights and analytics
- Monitoring trustee and competition services
- Pensions advisory services Pensions advisory services
- Public sector services Public sector services
- Real estate advisory
- Recovery and reorganisation Recovery and reorganisation
- Specialist international services Specialist international services
- Strategy Strategy
- Transactions Transactions
- Treasury advisory
- Wealth advisory Wealth advisory
Our competition services team can provide support in Monitoring Trustee roles, Competition damages and related investigations, Market Economy Investor Principle (MEIP) state-aid reviews and digital forensic support.
We have extensive experience in acting as Monitoring Trustee having acted in over 70 cases to regulators around the world. We can also provide support to entities under a monitoring framework, providing advice or assisting in implementing structures and related project management, including hold-separate structures and complex separation projects, through the period of the remedies.
Our Monitoring Trustee services cover a range of areas for competition, financial, security and other regulatory bodies, acting as:
- Monitoring Trustee / Monitor
- Divestiture Trustee
- Supervising Trustee
- DPA Monitor
- Take-over Panel Monitor
- Independent Compliance Auditor
Grant Thornton’s depth of specialist skills and sector experience across our advisory practice can help offer solutions in competition related matters. Our core forensic capabilities provide the required expertise to assist in matters of quantification and we work with economists to provide expert assessment on competition issues.
Our team are also experienced in providing MEIP state aid reviews whilst our digital forensic group work closely with our competition team to provide solutions where competition issue lead to the requirement to review, search, extract and present information from large amounts of underlying data.
Our extensive sector knowledge is supported by the global reach of our international network of member firms.
Our monitoring and compliance specialists' experience includes:
- Over 70 Monitoring Trustee mandates reporting to 19 different competition regulators around the globe (including merger control, anti-trust, state-aid and market abuse cases)
- State Aid MEIP reviews
- Financial and economic assessment in competition related disputes
- Digital forensic support in respect of information collation and data mining
- International Sanctions compliance auditing mandates reporting to national governments and financial regulators
+44 (0)20 7728 2522Find out more