- Brexit advisory
- Business consulting Business consulting
- Business risk services Business risk services
- Corporate simplification
- Cyber advisory
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Financial services advisory Financial services advisory
- Forensic and investigations services Forensic and investigations services
- Growth 365 Growth 365
- Insights and analytics Insights and analytics
- Monitoring trustee and competition services
- Pensions advisory services Pensions advisory services
- Public sector services Public sector services
- Real estate advisory
- Recovery and reorganisation Recovery and reorganisation
- Specialist international services Specialist international services
- Strategy Strategy
- Transactions Transactions
- Treasury advisory
- Wealth advisory Wealth advisory
Our team advises on quantum and other accounting or financial issues in commercial disputes, including acting as expert witness in litigation and arbitration.
We will support you at each stage of your dispute, bringing together technical and sector specialists across different jurisdictions if required, including financial services, energy, construction and technology. We are able to undertake contentious valuations and assess damages in loss of profit claims, including competition damages.
Early-stage advice: parties can often be more focused on liability in the early stages of a dispute, but an early analysis of the likely value of a claim can help you to resolve a potential dispute more efficiently. We will advise on evidence required to support the quantum of the claim or to defend against the approach taken by the other party. This analysis can help you to make informed choices at the outset as to how best to approach the dispute.
Consulting expert: we can advise on the quality of evidence supporting the quantum of loss all stages of proceedings and the impact of any new evidence arising. We can act as a 'shadow expert' if you require a party adviser to avoid compromising the independence of your appointed expert, especially where the independent expert is a single joint appointment.
Expert witness: we act as independent expert witness on quantum of loss and valuations including cases of alleged fraud, breach of contract or breach of warranty, negligence, shareholder disputes, intellectual property disputes, competition matters and insurance claims. Our experts have given evidence and been cross-examined in hundreds of claims, appearing in the High Court, arbitrations including investor-state, regulatory tribunals and the criminal courts.
Complex valuations: you may need to value businesses or assets in support of your claim or defence. Our contentious valuation specialists have expertise in valuing complex classes of assets, including financial products, and intangible assets such as famous brands.
Our disputes services include:
- Expert determination
- SPA disputes
- Contentious valuations
- International arbitration
- Accounting integrity and conduct
- Insurance disputes
- Competition damages claims
Should you require it, we can introduce you to litigation funders and provide advice to help you secure funding. Our Fraud insolvency team, who comprise the largest dedicated group of asset tracers in the UK, use insolvency powers to enforce judgments and recover assets for claimants. This can be considered prior to litigation or arbitration to provide a clear line of site and plan for recoverability if this is in doubt.
+44 (0)20 7865 2174Find out more