Are you looking for new challenges with great clients – while improving your work-life balance? Join Grant Thornton Select, our team of finance professionals who work on a project basis.
- Work on short to medium-term client projects that suit your skills
- Access fulfilling work, with Grant Thornton clients
- No more need to hunt for your next project
- Develop your skills through structured professional development and training opportunities
- Benefit from our wider team’s knowledge and experience
- Join a community of contract finance professionals with aims and ambitions like yours
Work in a flexible way on short to medium-term client projects
With no long-term commitment, you can fit your lifestyle around client projects.
Access fulfilling work, with Grant Thornton clients
You can use your skills and gain experience on a variety of interesting projects.
No need to hunt for your next exciting project
We match opportunities to your skills, so you do not need to go looking for your next assignment.
Develop your skills through professional development training opportunities
You will have the chance to broaden your skills and build your knowledge through community learning, access to structured professional development and training.
Benefit from our wider team’s knowledge and experience
Learn from the rest of Grant Thornton and the team you work with, gaining expertise with each project.
You’re not alone – your Grant Thornton colleagues support you
If you have a question or need help, there is always someone to ask.
Get started with Grant Thornton Select
Step 1: Application
Complete our online form and attach your CV. Then we will chat over the phone or meet face-to-face, to find out more about your skills and experience.
Step 2: Assessment
You will complete an online interview and a technical assessment, both online. If you pass at this stage we will invite you in for a meeting and complete background checks.
Step 3: Joining Us
If you are successful, your welcome pack includes a contract and useful information. We also give you a full induction.
The skills you need
To join us, you will be an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with industry and/or practice experience. You will also have great interpersonal skills, and the expertise it takes to work in some of these areas:
Business partnering services
- Preparing management accounts packs
- Designing and restructuring accounting systems
- Reviewing and designing management reporting
- Resolving discrepancies with incomplete accounting records
- Preparing year-end audit packs
- Preparing statutory accounts and guidance on best practice
- Supporting clients when moving to new financial reporting standards
Interim finance support
- Providing hands-on interim support
- Fulfilling short to medium-term assignments
- Working closely with management teams
- Carrying out improvements where necessary
- Providing training to finance teams where appropriate
- Carrying out financial process and systems reviews, making improvements if required
- Handling high-level business strategy reviews and giving feedback to management
- Developing tailored financial forecasting and budgeting models
- Helping businesses work through finance-related problems
- Providing project-management services
- Supporting during significant changes in the business such as high growth acquisitions, sale of a subsidiary or preparation for initial public offering
- Delivering bespoke training to clients using your skills and expertise