My role at Grant Thornton focuses on supporting creditors, directors and shareholders on turnaround and restructuring situations. I have over 20 years of rounded professional experience, having worked in the retail industry, serving as an adviser and as a senior restructuring banker.
I work with both mid-market private companies and large, listed corporates. I have experience of high profile situations across a wide range of sectors including, retail, hospitality, leisure, travel, TMT, education and business support services. My assignment experience covers both bilateral debt facilities as well as complex, multi-stakeholder debt situations.
My recent assignments include:
- Advising the UK lender to a privately-owned luxury retail group with multiple European locations
- Financial Advisor to the Surety creditors of a large multinational construction group
- Supporting a UK regulator in relation to a high profile UK travel and airline group
- Advising the Directors and private equity shareholders of an energy group on their liquidity, turnaround plan and restructuring USD850m of bonds and bank borrowings
The Institute for Turnaround recognised me for my role as coordinator on the restructuring of iSoft plc, which achieved full repayment of all senior and junior creditors as well as a premium to shareholders. I was the founding member of the ICAS mentoring network and I am guest speaker on corporate turnarounds at London Business School.
Outside of work, I spend my time with my young family and our collective passion for Liverpool Football Club.
- BAcc (Hons)
- Chartered Accountant
- Member of the Institute for Turnaround