I specialise in supporting creditors, directors, shareholders, government stakeholders, CROs and security trustees with turnaround and restructuring situations. I have over 20 years’ of rounded professional experience having worked in the retail industry, serving as a restructuring adviser and as a senior restructuring banker.
I work with both mid-market private companies and large, listed corporates. I have experience of high-profile situations across a wide range of sectors including, retail, hospitality, leisure, travel, TMT, education and business support services. My assignment experience covers both bilateral debt facilities as well as complex, multi-stakeholder debt situations.
Clients seek my assistance with the following matters:
- Independent Business Reviews (IBRs)
- Financial Advice on corporate debt transactions including, refinancing, new money funding, facility amendments, covenant waivers and resets, facility extensions, deal negotiations and transaction management
- Advice and support on engaging with external stakeholders
- Coordination of creditor groups and lender syndicates
- Independent working capital reports and common information platform reviews
- Independent fairness opinions and assessments of valuations for restructuring transactions
- Fairness opinions on enforcement of security
- Comparator analysis for Schemes of Arrangement and relevant alternative analysis for Restructuring Plans
- Assessment of short-term and medium-term cash flow forecasts and liquidity outlook
- Assessment and independent stress-testing of recovery and turnaround business plans
- Buy-side advice on stressed or distressed situations
- Board advice on financing and restructuring options analysis
- Contingency planning
- Wind-down plan assessments
- Capital structure modelling
- Entity Priority Model analysis
My recent assignments include:
- Financial Advisor to lenders of an international travel group
- Financial Advisor to HM Government in relation to a high profile listed services group
- Financial Advisor to lenders of a prominent international menswear retailer
- Independent Business Review of a private equity-owned construction services group
- Independent Business Review of a private equity-owned online retailer of beauty products
- Independent fairness opinion and valuation assessment for the restructuring of Swissport International A.G., a multinational aviation services group
- Independent fairness opinion and valuation assessment for the restructuring of Hema B.V., a large European retailer
The Institute for Turnaround recognised me for my role as coordinator on the restructuring of iSoft plc, which achieved full repayment of all senior and junior creditors as well as a premium to shareholders. I was the founding member of the ICAS mentoring network and I am guest speaker on corporate turnarounds at London Business School.
Outside of work, I spend my time with my young family and our collective passion for Liverpool Football Club.
- Chartered Accountant
- Member of the Institute for Turnaround