I am a partner co-leading our economic consulting team. A postgraduate economist by training, I have over 20 years of experience providing regulatory and competition economic advice, including expert testimony.
I advise clients and provide expertise in a range of industries, although I have a particular interest in regulated industries, including communications, digital, and healthcare and life sciences. My clients include public sector entities and corporates and I often work alongside legal advisors on contentious matters. I work in the UK and internationally and my experience has been gained both in other consultancies and industry.
I focus on providing economic advice in the context of:
- disputes and investigations: focussing on expert testimony and advice in the context of competition abuses, damages including class actions and international arbitration
- public sector advisory: providing advice to central government departments, the devolved nations, economic regulators, and the NHS in relation to policy development and investment decision. This includes consideration of subsidy control (state aid), optional appraisal and economic evaluation, business case development, regulation, and competition
- corporates: advising on matters of regulation and competition, including submissions to economic regulatory and competition authorities.
I have given evidence in a commercial dispute in the Supreme Court of the British Virgin Islands in the matter of Sure (Cable and Wireless) and Digicel vs The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission BVI. I have also been appointed as an expert on competition class actions which is a growing area of focus.
I advise the Government departments and corporates on subsidy control, including in the context of Brexit and COVID-19 and enjoy working with the NHS and the public sector on investment cases.
I live in London with my husband and two children. Outside of work I enjoy participating in a range of sports and can often be found at the local Park Run with my children. I am a Trustee of St George’s Hospital Charity, becoming involved due to the ongoing care that is provided to my daughter. I am passionate about diversity and inclusion and am proud to be a Professional Champion of Discover Economics (Royal Economics Society).
- BSc (Hons) Economics, University of Warwick
- Diploma in Financial Management, ACCA
- MSc Economics, London School of Economics