I joined Grant Thornton in 1997 as a manager in the tax group and was appointed partner in 2001. I now manage a team of around 30 in the entrepreneurial and private client tax team. The nature of my clients has resulted in my being involved in a number of property-related transactions over the years. I also advise a number of UK-resident but non-UK-domiciled individuals including advising on their offshore structures.
My expertise covers:
- tax planning for listed and owner-managed businesses
- designing and implementing tax-efficient share and share option schemes
- undertaking tax planning for a number of high net worth individuals including non domicilliaries
- extensive experience of tax planning for acquisitions and disposals and, in particular, advising on a number of pre- and post-IPO tax structures
- substantial experience of planning for Indian entities investing or raising finance in the UK, and vice versa.