I have specialised in forensic accounting since 2007 and have acted in a least fifty separate forensic engagements. I now focus on complex international dispute resolution and have a breadth of experience in international arbitration, expert witness and shareholder dispute work. I also use my dispute experience to advise clients on the draft terms of the Share Purchase Agreement (SPA).
Recent experience includes acting in:
- ICSID arbitration Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited v. Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (ARB/10/20) relating to the financing of a power station in Tanzania
- London-seated LCIA arbitration relating to the early termination of drilling contract, offshore Libya
- London-seated LCIA arbitration relating an unpaid cash call in the oil industry
- Geneva-seated ICC arbitration relating to the termination of a long-standing supply agreement in the Middle East and the effect on market value
- IBM United Kingdom Holdings Ltd v Dalgleish and others  EWHC 980 (Ch). IBM was found to have acted contrary to its duties of good faith in deciding to cease accrual of defined benefit UK schemes and to withdraw early retirement rights
- Three related expert determinations in the African downstream oil and gas sector
- Expert determination in the upstream gas sector relating to the sale of a participating interest
Outside of work, I am a keen runner having completed several half marathons in recent years. Staying with the international focus, I also like to travel, having recently visited Myanmar, Uganda and Namibia.
- Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist