I am an experienced real estate tax professional with a unique skillset having worked across both private equity and listed real estate sectors. My clients include UK and overseas property investors and developers and pan-European property funds. I have expertise in advising listed real estate businesses, including setting up UK REITs.
Having worked on the client side I bring a unique insight to any transaction. When problem solving for clients, I combine my technical expertise with an overarching commercial approach. My recent experience includes the following:
- providing advice on converting to a UK REIT and becoming a public company
- advice on setting up a pan-European real estate investment platform
- due diligence and structuring for a complex corporate transaction
- advice on steps and tax implications of group simplification
- complex tax compliance affairs for groups and funds
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my wife and two young daughters, where we enjoy walking and cycling in the countryside. My other passions include international travel, cooking, skiing and rowing (when I get the time).
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- BSc (Hons)