My work mostly involves quantifying losses (lost profit/loss of opportunity and cost incurred) as a result of breach of contract or professional negligence. It also involves analysing financial evidence to advise on its implications and relevance to quantum, liability or both.
I have worked on a mixture of commercial litigation and international arbitration proceedings, mostly subject to English law and with an international element. I have taken part in expert witness, single joint expert and expert advisory assignments.
I have experience of small and large cases, with claims ranging from £500,000 to €600 million. I can handle cases conducted in English or in French, and underlying documents in German, Spanish and/or Italian. From a sector perspective my main focus over the years has been on energy, construction and real estate, with also some meaningful experience in pharmaceuticals and retail/FMCG/e-commerce.
My work has taken me to most Western European countries, the US, the Russian Federation, the Middle East, Hong Kong and the PRC. Having lived and worked in three different countries (UK, France, and Germany), I am well versed in communicating and adapting to various cultures.
Although I work as an accountant, I am also a qualified lawyer in my home country of France, which gives me a unique perspective and an ability to work efficiently with lawyers.
Outside of work, I am a keen hiker and relish day outs in the beautiful English countryside.
- ACA (Associate of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- Certificat d’Aptitude à la Profession d’Avocat (Paris Bar exam, non-practising)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Diplôme d’Expertise Comptable (French Chartered accountant)
- HEC Paris
- LLB/Maîtrise, English and French Law (King’s College London, Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne)
- MCIArb (Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)