I am a partner in the Forensic & Investigation Services team and during 15 years as a specialist in financial investigations I have worked across industries with a particular focus on complex fraud investigations in the financial services sector, international asset-tracing and multi-jurisdiction corruption investigations. Findings from my work have been used consistently to assist successful civil proceedings, criminal prosecutions, regulatory enforcement actions and remedial strategies.
My appointments have included investigations on-the-ground in over 20 countries, and matters of significant national interest, including:
- A named investigator on behalf of the FSA for the inquiry into the failure of HBOS plc (2010).
- A lead investigator into the collapse of Kabul Bank, as a result of a US$1bn fraud and money laundering scheme reporting to the IMF (2011).
- The lead forensic auditor for an inquiry into a failing state-owned utility in Africa, reporting to the responsible Ministry (2015).
- A lead investigator into fraud and corruption on behalf of a Former Soviet Union presidential cabinet (2010).
- Corruption investigations pursuant to the UK Bribery Act and US FCPA legislation (2014).
My weekends are spent at a more relaxed pace, enjoying village life in rural Wiltshire with my wife Helen and our children.
- BSc (Hons), Economics