My expertise lies in real estate and related areas. With a particular focus on tax and structuring, I work with a wide range of international investors on structuring their real estate and related investments in the UK, Europe and Australia.
Together with my experienced team, I advise on the structuring of funds, the tax-efficient structuring of UK and European properties, as well as the restructuring and refinancing of assets.
I work with my clients to buy and sell properties in a tax-efficient manner, and ensure that tax deductions are available for financing costs, management fees, refurbishment or redevelopment costs. Within this field I have experience of a breadth of projects, recently these include:
- advising a US Opportunity Fund on the purchase of a large residential portfolio from a UK bank
- advising on the acquisition structuring of a large German logistics centre for an international fund
- advising a UK Pension Fund on the acquisition and on-going holding of a shopping centre in the UK
- advising on a fund raising and structuring of an international student accommodation fund.
As a keen property investor myself I can bring tax-technical expertise with a commercial approach to any real estate transaction. Furthermore as a native German speaker I have worked extensively with investors from German-speaking countries and have keen expertise in this market.
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)