I have responsibility for leading on the sustainability agenda for the firm. This includes the development of the national sustainability strategy, delivery and implementation, monitoring and evaluating impact and development and implementation of performance improvement. I am passionate about doing business responsibly and collaborating with others to help address societal challenges.
My experience includes:
- development and management of national community engagement programmes including those focusing on financial literacy and entrepreneurial skills for young people, supporting refugees into employment and supporting our charity partnerships
- driving education and awareness of environmental impact and delivering on science-based targets to ensure we are part of the solution to climate change and nature loss
- delivery of Living Wage Employer status and ongoing monitoring, and compliance with legislation such as Modern Slavery Act, Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme, and our response to Social Value Act
- collaboration with organisations to help address challenges that the vulnerable in society face. These organisations include BITC, Breaking Barriers, ICAEW, lendwithcare, One Million Mentors, One Young World, Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, WWF and the wide range of schools and charities we support
- member of Grant Thornton International Corporate Responsibility steering group and mentor to corporate responsibility leads in member firms.
Outside of work, I enjoy running and over the years have challenged myself to complete a number of events including the London Marathon. These days I focus on shorter distances as my three children keep me busy with their own activities.