As a licenced insolvency practitioner within our insolvency practice, I assist clients with the recovery of assets which have been misappropriated as a result of fraud. I use the UK insolvency legislation to complete investigations globally. I work closely with lawyers to formulate legal claims within bankruptcy or liquidation proceedings to increase the funds available to repay the creditors who have suffered loss. I also have experience realising high-value luxury assets located throughout Europe and prominent offshore centres.
I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in Australia and have worked with businesses suffering economic pressures to restructure their operations and devise work-out arrangements as an alternative to, or within, non-contentious liquidations and bankruptcies.
I have extensive experience with investigations connected with Russia, Ukraine and other countries in the Former Soviet Union (FSU) and Central Asia. This commonly involves:
- enforcing foreign court judgments and arbitration awards
- tracing assets and commencing insolvency proceedings to assist recovery strategies in commercial disputes.
My recent case experience in this sector includes:
- administering the insolvent deceased estate of Mr Boris Berezovsky, the late Russian ‘Oligarch’ with creditors in excess of £350 million
- assisting a Russian bank recovering personal guarantees in excess of £200 million from a well known Russian émigré by utilising bankruptcy proceedings in the UK
- the provisional liquidation of Renaissance Capital Holdings – the holding company of a large Russian investment bank with gross assets in excess of US$3 billion
- provision of advice to Russia and CIS clients on recommendations of asset recovery and enforcement strategies, working alongside local and UK lawyers.
- BBus (Bachelor of Business), Accounting & Economics
- CA (Chartered Accountant) (ANZ)
- JIEB (Joint Insolvency Examination Board) (Corporate and Personal)