I am an experienced tax adviser in our financial services tax team, with a unique skillset having worked in both law firms and accountancy practices.
I deliver complex advisory projects to UK and international financial services clients, with a particular focus on the direct and indirect tax implications of credit and structured finance deals, and private fund formation work, both in the UK and internationally. My clients include banks, fund managers and fintechs.
My experience of practising as a solicitor in City law firms gives me insight into the wider legal context of my clients’ tax affairs, and an ability to provide strategic advice on implementation of their projects. My clients tell me that I am responsive and get the right balance between technically accurate advice and commerciality.
My recent work experience includes:
- the design and implementation of a £100 million litigation fund focussing on the recovery of assets and post-judgment enforcement of damages (acting for the general partner)
- advising a UK non-bank lender on a £200 million securitisation of UK SME loans (acting on behalf of the originator)
- a sub-participation of €50 million of working capital financing facilities originated in the UK and Ireland (acting for a Japanese bank)
- a major diverted profits tax dispute for a US-based technology group.
Outside of work I love spending time with my young family, travel and cooking.
- CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser)
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales