As an associate director in our financial crime and investigations team, I support clients on a wide range of issues covering anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, sanctions, regulatory compliance and skilled persons’ (s166) reviews, bribery and corruption and fraud investigations.
My experience to date includes:
- a 15 month secondment to the financial crime advisory team of a large UK based retail bank
- a KYC and ‘appropriateness’ remediation for the UK subsidiary of an international bank
- a skilled persons’ review into the mis-selling of interest rate swaps
- a review of the end-to-end customer sanctions screening process for a UK building society
- 18 months working on a US sanctions investigation for an international bank reporting to the US regulator
- conducting financial crime reviews, remediation exercises and regulatory focused assignments.
I have worked with organisations of varying size and complexity across the financial services industry, as well as law firms, enforcement agencies, regulators and a range of corporates. This has developed my understanding of the types of financial crime issues our clients face.
Outside of work, I am a keen crossfitter and weightlifter and can generally be found lurking in a gym somewhere, drinking coffee, or seeking out delicious things to eat.
- CA (Chartered Accountant) (ICAS)
- ACFS (Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist)