NAVIGATING BREXIT Need practical advice on navigating Brexit?
Grant Thornton UK has implemented a number of actions to help protect the health and wellbeing of our clients, employees and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, in line with the guidelines issued by Public Health England.
For our people
- We are gradually reopening our offices, following the government’s COVID-secure guidelines.
- Where our offices have not yet reopened or our people are not ready to return to offices, we are supporting them to continue working remotely from home.
- We are communicating with our people frequently, sharing tools to help them work effectively from home, sharing resources to support their mental and physical health and wellbeing and answering their questions.
- We recognise that many of our people are now juggling work responsibilities with childcare; we are providing individuals with flexibility during this time and ask them to be flexible with us in return.
- As our clients reopen, we will only ask our people to work at a client’s premises where there is a strong business need to do so and where our client has demonstrated that their workplace adheres to the government’s COVID-secure guidelines.
- We support our people in deciding whether they feel comfortable travelling to and working from our offices and client premises and respect their decisions.
- We encourage our people to avoid public transport where possible and ask that they adhere to government guidance on social distancing and other protective measures.
- All meetings and events are being held virtually, postponed or cancelled until 1 October at the earliest.
- We are providing support to our people who have underlying health conditions or are carers for vulnerable individuals.
- Employees who develop a high fever or persistent cough are encouraged to take sickness absence if they feel unwell and are asked to report any symptoms of COVID-19 to our HR team and to NHS Test and Trace.
For our clients and guests
- Many of our people continue to work remotely from home. We would be happy to meet with you virtually via Microsoft Teams or your preferred online meeting tool.
- Our offices are gradually starting to reopen, but we won’t be welcoming any guests to our premises until 1 October at the earliest. This is for your safety as much as ours.
- Where you need us to provide a service that must be done in person, please speak to your Grant Thornton Partner. We’ll do our best to accommodate your request so long as you are able to provide a work environment that adheres to the government’s COVID-secure guidelines.
- Many of our people are now working and caring for their children at the same time – you may be too. We ask that you be flexible with us if there are interruptions or noise in the background, and we’ll do the same with you.
- If you have felt unwell with fever or a new persistent cough in the last 10 days or have been asked to self-isolate due to travel or potential exposure to COVID-19, we ask you to advise your Grant Thornton contact and defer any in-person meetings to a later date or hold them virtually instead.
- If you suspect you may have contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of meeting in person with any of our people, please let us know. We will do the same. We will encourage all our people to participate in the NHS Test and Trace programme to facilitate this early detection and communication.
- We wish to do everything we can to support you during this time. To protect you and your people, we will meet with you virtually unless the service we provide must be done in person.
- Where it is essential that we meet in person, we ask that you share with us the steps you have taken to make your workplace COVID-secure.
- We will not send anyone to your premises if they (or anyone in their household) have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- We will host our events virtually until at least 1 October .
- If you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 and our clients or people may be affected, we ask that you immediately contact your Grant Thornton Partner. We will do the same.