Grant Thornton UK has implemented a number of actions to help protect the health and wellbeing of our clients, employees and communities as we learn to live with COVID-19 in line with the guidelines issued by the governments in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
For our people
- Throughout the pandemic, we have supported our people to work remotely from home wherever possible.
- Earlier this year, we transitioned to a hybrid approach to working, enabling our people to split their time between home, an office and our client premises. We have developed and shared a framework to help our people make choices about how, where or when they work.
- In line with government guidance across the four nations, where ‘work from home’ advisories have lifted, our people have now adopted hybrid working. Where work from home advisories remain, colleagues are continuing to work remotely unless they have work that cannot be completed virtually, their home is not a safe space, their mental health is being significantly impacted by virtual working or they have a particularly difficult home working environment.
- Where colleagues meet in person or work at a client premises, we encourage them to take a lateral flow test prior to their planned visit (where advised by government).
- Employees who feel unwell in any way are asked to stay home, take a test (as advised by the government in their nation) and self-isolate if they test positive for COVID-19.
- We understand that our people will experience a mixture of different emotions as they begin to adapt to hybrid ways of working. We are continuing to support their mental and physical health and their wellbeing and are sharing tools and resources to help them reconnect with one another and regain confidence in working in a hybrid way.
- We will continue to be flexible with our people and ask them to be flexible with us in return. We are providing support to our people who have underlying health conditions or are carers for vulnerable individuals.
- We will monitor guidance and continue certain hygiene measures in our offices, such as encouraging our people to wear masks in congested areas and wash or sanitise their hands frequently to reduce the spread of infection.
For our clients and guests
- We wish to do everything we can to support you during this time and provide the high level of engagement and service that you expect from us.
- We are delighted to begin meeting with our clients again in person, but we will continue to offer you the option of meeting with us virtually if this is the preferred option. If you live in a nation that is under a work from home advisory, we expect that most meetings and work will continue to take place virtually.
- We are now holding client events in person where government guidelines allow.
- Where there is work that our teams will complete in person on your premises, we ask that you share any relevant COVID-19 health and safety protocols with us so that our people are able to comply with your guidance.
- Our people may choose to wear masks during their visit, and we ask that you support this decision. The wearing of masks within our offices for our people and our clients is down to personal choice, unless required by government guidance. We encourage the wearing of masks in congested areas.
- If you are planning to visit one of our offices and have felt unwell in any way or have tested positive for COVID-19 (and are currently advised to self-isolate in your nation), we ask you to advise your Grant Thornton contact and defer any in-person meetings to a later date or hold them virtually instead.
- Where contact tracing is still advised, please let us know if you test positive for COVID-19 within 72 hours of meeting in person with any of our people and we will do the same.