As one of the leading advisers to the sports sector, Grant Thornton has a multi-disciplinary, experienced team that is highly skilled in all aspects of audit, tax, recovery, project finance and corporate finance advice.
Our dedicated sports sector specialists have experience of providing a broad spectrum of financial and advisory services to a wide range of clubs, leagues, governing bodies, individuals, agents, sports marketing companies, government bodies, and funders in the sector. Our clients include clubs in major spectator sports such as football, rugby and cricket, motor racing teams and golf. We are also one of the pre-eminent advisers to individual sportsmen and women.
+44 (0)20 7728 2988Find out more
The comprehensive array of services for clubs and teams, governing bodies and leagues includes:
- audit and assurance services
- corporate tax compliance and advice
- VAT planning and investigations
- Research and development tax credits
- advice on stadium financing and construction including cashflow forecasts, use of the Construction Industry Scheme and capital allowances
- crisis management and restructuring
- expert witness and dispute resolution services
- fund raising
- advice on the use of charities in sport;
- valuation of intangible assets in sport
- tax efficient royalty structures
For individual sports professionals and player agencies we provide solutions and services covering:
- personal financial planning
- employment status
- remuneration structures
- termination payments
- image rights
- overseas players packages
Renowned for our ability to apply detailed industry knowledge in order to deliver practical advice on a local or national basis, our team is also known for providing value for money.