As a specialist agribusiness team we have over 40 years experience in the agricultural, rural land and food industry, recognising the specific needs of those working in it and bringing a unique blend of knowledge and expertise to our farming, rural and agribusiness clients.
We have a practiced knowledge of farming businesses, growers, landed estates and agribusinesses and work with clients throughout the food chain. Combined with this we have a thorough understanding of the business structures under which they operate such as companies, partnerships, cooperatives, producer organisations, sole traders and trusts.
We are actively involved in the sector as members of the CLA, NFU, Worshipful Company of Farmers, Farmers Club, RASE and East of England Agricultural Society
We offer solutions and advice across the following service areas:
- audit and assurance services including advice on industry specific accounting software, counting services, and the preparation of management and statutory accounts;
- tax compliance and planning across the whole range of taxes including income tax and national insurance, corporation tax, capital gains and inheritance tax, stamp duty land tax and VAT, with special attention to the sector's tax reliefs;
- financial planning services;
- development land projects;
- business structures and planning for estate owners, including heritage property,
- house opening and chattels, farmers and growers and farmer controlled businesses, through to farming structures such as machinery syndicates, tenancies, contract farming and joint ventures;
- a holistic approach to succession planning; corporate finance services including establishing cooperatives, raising equity and debt finance to fund growth, diversification plans, including rural property letting and biofuel projects, acquisitions or large scale property and construction projects, and advising on acquisition targets and exit strategies;
- recovery and reorganisation services expert advice for underperforming businesses throughout the food chain, based on extensive experience in the sector and demonstrable client service, knowledge and contacts;
- forensic services covering such issues as loss of profits claims and divorce.