- About us
- Shared enterprise
- Leadership and governance
- Sustainability Sustainability
- Code of conduct Code of conduct
- Annual reports Annual reports
- Our spaces
- Culture and values
- Inclusion and diversity
- Stories of our diverse workforce
Unlocking the potential for growth in our local communities
We are shaping our contribution to society to create lasting sustainable benefits that empower others to thrive.
Our annual global sustainability event, Growing Together in the community is supported by over 100 Grant Thornton member firms and takes place on 17 and 18 September 2020. Each of our member firms around the world will come together and raise awareness of sustainability. They will share how to unlock the potential for growth in our communities.
Developing future employability of refugees, enhancing the entrepreneurial literacy skills of students and reducing our carbon footprint – just some of the things we’re proud to be doing to support our local communities.
- We have supported 49 refugees through mentoring, skills and confidence building workshops, and three six month work placements; we are a Business in the Community 2020 Responsible Business Champion for our work in this area
- Our School Enterprise Programme has reached 3,300 students, developing financial literacy and entrepreneurial skills in young people
- Our carbon emissions have reduced by 14% since 2017 and we have set science-based targets verified and published by the Science Based Targets initiative
- Raised over £13,500 for NHS Charities Together during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Supported 8,000 entrepreneurs in the developing world with £95,000 of microfinance investment
- We are an accredited Living Wage employer
“Growing Together in the Community is our chance to shine a light on the great work our people are doing in the UK to drive change and create a lasting impact. I am proud of how our programmes are developing and the difference these are making to both our society and environment.”
Karen Higgins, Head of Sustainability