- About us
- Shaping a vibrant economy for the UK Shaping a vibrant economy for the UK
- Shared enterprise
- Leadership and governance
- Corporate responsibility Corporate responsibility
- Code of conduct
- Annual reports Annual reports
- Our spaces
Unlocking the potential for growth in our local communities
We are shaping our contribution to society to create lasting sustainable benefits that empower others to thrive.
Our annual global CSR event “Growing Together in the community” is supported by over 100 Grant Thornton member firms and takes place on 13 and 14 September. Each of our member firms around the world will come together and raise awareness of sustainability. They will share how to unlock the potential for growth in our communities.
We are asking our people to:
- Act: take action by getting involved in activities running throughout the event
- Commit: make a commitment to take action in the future and shift personal behaviours
- Share: take the time to share success stories and commitments during the event across all our communication channels.
Highlights from our 2018 sustainability successes:
- We are an accredited Living Wage employer
- We have raised over £1.478 million for charitable causes since 2007
- We have reduced our paper consumption by 19% which is the equivalent of saving 453 trees
- Colleagues have brought shared value and skills to 49 UK charities, creating sustainable impact and enabling local communities to thrive.
This year, our focus is on initiatives that drive our ambitions to help shape a vibrant economy and create a sustainable impact in local communities. Our campaigns will look to:
- develop the financial and entrepreneurial skills of young people through our School Enterprise programme
- support global entrepreneurs in developing countries through microfinance loans
- protect our planet and drive our environmental agenda.
We have a range of activities taking place across our UK offices and we encourage our people to get involved to build on the success we achieved together last year.