I am a Partner within the Business Consulting team where I lead the Operations Consulting Practice. I initially joined the firm to focus on managing, delivering and developing the services to the automotive supply chain, but my role has subsequently broadened to other sectors including metals and plastics. I now lead Grant Thornton UK's industrials and automotive sector groups, operating globally to advise clients on operational, commercial, financial and strategic issues.
I began my career in the steel industry and I was sponsored through university by the then British Steel plc and joined them following graduation. I have held a number of management positions throughout the steel making process with particular experience in iron making (coke ovens, sinter plant and blast furnaces).
I have held a number of senior roles within businesses, including eight years as a Managing Director of a Tier 1 aluminium die casting manufacturer, as a result of which I have substantial insight into the downstream market.
I have led a number of global turnarounds, acquisitions and relocations and have a deep understanding of the operational and commercial requirements of businesses operating in the industrials and automotive sectors.
I frequently advise the boards of FTSE250, Fortune 500 and global businesses, particularly in the Automotive OEM, Tier 1 and Aerospace sectors both in the UK and overseas.
Recent projects include:
- acting as lead adviser on the highly socially sensitive acquisitions by Geely of London Taxis and Arlington Industries of Remploy Automotive
- completed the major operational recovery of an automotive global interior business
- performed commercial and operational due diligence on a target Chinese automotive manufacturer ahead of acquisition
- supported a specialist tier 1 manufacturer in securing and structuring government funding for investment in a new facility and equipment
- assisted a global transmission / turbocharger business in resolving supply chain issues
- advised the board of a FTSE 250 manufacturing firm on all operational improvement projects globally.