Our automotive team offers a wide range of services to automotive sector stakeholders from supply chain through to distribution and motor retail.
We have dedicated sector specialists working in the following areas:
- strategic review and operational
- corporate finance - M&A and transaction support
- audit and assurance
- insolvency and corporate restructuring
Our knowledge of the sector means that we are aware of the key business risks and know the areas to pinpoint in business. We can rapidly understand the issues and provide constructive recommendations - we have helped many clients to make long term and positive changes in their businesses.
We have worked extensively for motor retail sector stakeholders over the last 20 years, with a team dedicated to the sector.
Our motor retail service offering covers a broad spectrum, from:
- the provision of advice to clearing banks, national sales companies (NSCs), captive and independent finance houses, through to
- financial analysis and operational support for dealership management including business planning and start up assistance
From a transactional perspective, our breadth of sector contacts (Banks, NSCs and dealers) means that we can bring parties together and help facilitate deals. Our sector knowledge means that due diligence is carried out efficiently, focusing quickly on the key risk areas.
We currently audit over 200 motor retailers in the UK, and this experience provides a deep insight into these businesses and the day-to-day challenges.
Our supply chain team can help OEMs to identify and manage supply chain risk, and help financial stakeholders to understand the business risks in funding the sector.
Our services include:
- general advice on business viability
- risk reviews for lenders drawing on our sector experience and understanding of the customer / supplier dynamic
- risk focused financial and operational reviews for OEMs to enable more informed sourcing decisions
- tooling and assets audits
- due diligence and transaction support services
We have helped automotive OEMs and other financial stakeholders in the UK and across Europe to deal with distressed suppliers, including the development of support packages, exit strategies and the provision of assistance in implementation and monitoring. We have developed systems for managing supply chain risk, including the identification and assessment of key performance metrics, and an appropriate intervention process, providing earlier warning of supply issues, and enabling corrective or mitigating action.