I’m an advisory partner and a licensed insolvency practitioner with more than 30 years' experience in recovery and reorganisation work. I specialise in mid and large-sized corporate assignments, focusing on strategic review, reorganisation and recovery.
For the past decade my work has involved turnaround and restructuring assignments. By adopting a collaborative approach involving the lender, the client, and Grant Thornton in the process, I have found it is possible to work together to bring about improvements in business performance.
Some examples of my assignments include:
- the administration of a large multi-location care home business with a debt due to the lending syndicate of £240 million. This business was sold and the welfare of 250 patients, most of whom had special needs, was preserved. The going concern sale also protected the employment of 900 individuals in England and Scotland.
- the administration of a Tier 2 automotive component manufacturer where the customers were persuaded to underwrite continued trading
- administration of an estate of 30 freehold and leasehold licensed premises with a £31 million bank debt – the business was sold as a going concern
- overseeing the management of a troubled residential housing development with a bank debt of £7 million and directors and shareholders in dispute
- administrative receivership of a producer of branded adult and children's wear in the UK, USA, Finland, India and Sri Lanka.
On a different note, I’m the firm's national spokesperson on the football industry, having a particular interest in the financing of the football sector.